NMT Financial Aid
Types of Aid
Attending college is a big investment in the future for students and their families. With affordable tuition costs and a variety of financial aid options, New Mexico Tech is dedicated to to help you achieve your goals.
What Kind of Student Are You?
Application and Process:
- The FAFSA becomes available on October 1 each year. Please visit studentaid.gov to complete the FAFSA, and ensure that NMT's school code (002654) is added. We strongly encourage students to have the FAFSA on file and all unsatisfied requirements completed in Banweb by March 1 in order to be considered for limited funding programs
- Students who have not yet been admitted can still complete the FAFSA; however, please note that an award cannot be made until the student has been admitted
- Once the FAFSA has been completed, NMT Financial Aid will review the student's information to determine if any additional documents are required. We will typically begin emailing students in mid-to-late November regarding unsatisfied requirements. If the student has unsatisfied requirements, it is recommended to submit items as soon as possible, but no later than March 1st for priority consideration.
- Typically, NMT Financial Aid will begin making awards around mid-March; students will receive an email notification once awards are ready to view in Banweb.
- If the student wishes to utilize Federal Direct Student Loans, and is a first-time loan borrower, Loan Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note must also be completed at studentaid.gov before funds can be disbursed
- Students who wish to apply for federal student aid must complete a new FAFSA each academic year
- Satisfactory Academic Progress must be maintained by each student in order to maintain eligibility for any financial aid program (grants, work study, loans).
Contact Financial Aid
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8 AM-5 PM
Location: Second floor of Fidel Center. Bear left at the top of the stairs; we are just past the Cashier's Office
New Mexico Tech - Financial Aid
801 Leroy Place
Socorro, NM 87801