Academic Center for Technology
The Academic Center for Technology (ACT) at New Mexico Tech provides classroom and online learning resources for Tech faculty and students. They include:
- The technology needed for Distance Education programs and courses
- Computers, projectors, flat screen displays, document cameras, cameras, microphones and iClicker bases in classrooms
- The Canvas learning management system
- Adobe Connect video conferencing system
- Panopto lecture capture system
ACT installs learning technology in new classrooms and maintains and updates equipment in existing spaces. It provides in-person training to faculty and students in technology and maintains online documentation, in addition to classroom-specific information and class schedules.
The department webcasts commencement ceremonies and records other Tech-related events as needed.