Financial Aid Office
The mission of the New Mexico Tech Financial Aid Department is to assist in the reduction of financial barriers for those who wish to pursue a post-secondary education.
New Mexico Tech makes every effort to make our undergraduate education affordable for everyone: new students, returning students, and transfer students. Assistance comes in the form of institutional scholarships, financial aid, and student employment.
Institutional scholarships are based solely on your grades (high school GPA, standardized test scores, and college grades if you are a transfer student). You do not need to demonstrate financial need for an institutional scholarship—only your own academic merit.
In addition to scholarships, we offer financial aid, which includes:
- Federal grants (e.g., Pell Grant, SEOG Grant)
- Federal loans (e.g., Perkins Loan, Stafford Loan, PLUS Loan)
- Federal work-study programs
- New Mexico grants (State Student Incentive Grant, College Affordability Grant)
- New Mexico Scholars Program (based on academic merit and financial need)
- New Mexico work-study programs
To receive Financial Aid (loans, grants, work-study, etc.) in addition to a scholarship, fill out the FAFSA. New Mexico Tech's Title IV code for federal financial aid applications is 002654.
Contact Information:New Mexico Tech Financial Aid Office Fidel Center, Second Floor 801 Leroy Place Socorro, NM 87801 Email: email@example.com Phone: 1-800-428-TECH (8324) or 1-(575)-835-5333 Fax: 1-(575)-835-6519
Mailing Address for Scholarship Checks:New Mexico Tech Financial Aid 801 Leroy Place Socorro, NM 87801