Event Supervisor Resources
For more information on Event Supervising, including detailed instructions for preparation and the day of, see the following presentation and materials from the Event Supervisors' Workshop.
Scilympiad.com/nm is the platform that we will be using for team sign-up, student sign-in, online tests (if applicable), and scoring. Please see the following details for how to use scilympiad.
Creating an Account
- Create account/register as an Event Supervisor on scilympiad.com/nm
- Role: Select “Event Supervisor”
- Scilympiad.com will ask you to sign in as an event supervisor
- Go to “Event Supervisor” tab. If you have not been assigned to an event, email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, & email@example.com to be assigned to an event.
- Once you’ve been assigned to an event, you can create tests.
You can view a video for how to create an account here (but go to scilympiad.com/nm, instead of nm-socorro):
How to Create a Student Sign-In
Only complete the steps in this section if you are doing a NON-ONLINE test. If you plan on doing an ONLINE test, skip this section, and move to the next.
The following video outlines how to create a student sign-in using the Online Test function.
How to Create Exam & Grade Event
This section is for people creating ONLINE tests. If you are doing a NON-ONLINE event, this section is not relevant to you.
You can create exams after being assigned to an event. See this video to learn to create exams:
When creating an exam, be sure to make the first question a fill-in-the-blank question asking students to enter a sign-in keyword. See the example in the previos section for more details.
You can view this video to learn more about grading an event:
All events will require their scores entered into scilympiad. See the following video for a description on how to do this.