Latin American Institute (LAI)
The Latin American Institute (LAI) for STEM Education, previously named ROLAI, is under the NMT-Research Division and serves the students, staff, and faculty bodies by promoting research partnership, professional training, leadership development, and short bridges programs opportunities benefiting the community of New Mexico Tech in collaboration with stakeholders from Latin American institutions of higher education.
LAI aims to extend the frontiers of knowledge through research and scholarship on leadership in higher education.
The Latin American Institute's vision is to put students and researchers at the center of STEM Education. We believe that everyone has a right to do collaborative research.
The Latin American Institute's mission is to build a vibrant community of intellectual activity, research, and innovation.
The Latin American Institute's new initiative 2022 is to sponsor and build a dynamic Center in STEM Education with strong research activities, professional programs and financial support from Latin American universities, government institutions, and private entities in collaboration.
Through short bridge special programs and collaboration with Latin American institutions in research, professional training, and leadership development, we support students, researchers, and professionals to address the challenging problems in STEM education.
1. Promote the new LAI with universities in the Latin American market.
2. Introduce and support research opportunities for NMT faculty and students in Latin American institutions.
3. Introduce and provide short bridge international programs for NMT-students in Latin American universities.
4. Develop and provide research opportunities for the Latin American market of stakeholders in higher education.
5. Introduce and support postdoctoral programs in higher education, public policy, and STEM education for the Latin American market.
6. Provide professional leadership development training programs and seminars in STEM Education.
7. Introduce and lead the annual Americas Conference of Universities in STEM Education.
8. Sponsor NMT International Recruitment Promotion at the annual Americas Conference of Universities in STEM Education.
9. Sponsor international seminars and workshops for professionals in leadership development, higher education, public policy, and policy sciences,
10. Introduce and support government and university meetings in hydrology, geologist, mining, etc.