Communication & Media Team
The NMT ASAP Communication & Media action team has met with the New Mexico Department of Health, the NMT Student Health Center, NMT student groups and Socorro County Prevention Coalition to work on the goals of increasing awareness of providing alcohol to those under 21, which is a Fourth Degree Felony in New Mexico, and increasing awareness of the harms of prescription painkillers.
- Reduce youth social access to alcohol from peers
- To decrease the % of young adults (18-20) reporting drinking in past 30 days
- To decrease the % reporting at least 1 drink in the past 30 days
- To decrease the % of 18-25 year olds reporting they provided alcohol to minors over the past year
- To decrease the % of 18-20 year olds reporting they obtain alcohol from an unrelated adult, adult family member, minor or at a party
- To decrease the % of 18-20 year olds reporting they obtain alcohol from someone over 21 or under 21