PhD in Materials Engineering
The prospective doctoral candidate should develop a good background in materials sciences, chemistry, physics, and mathematics, in addition to achieving a high level of competence in a specialized area of materials. Programs are arranged by the prospective student and the student’s advisory committee.
Please visit the NMT Course Catalog (PDF) for the latest program requirement information.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Critically assess the literature.
- Effectively engage in written dissemination of technical findings and conclusions
- Effectively engage in oral dissemination of technical findings and conclusions
- Demonstrate a breadth of knowledge in Materials Engineering.
- Find professional employment shortly after graduation.