Upward Bound Math & Science
Upward Bound Math and Science (UBMS) is a free program for 9th-12th grade students at Manzano, West Mesa, and Socorro High Schools interested in pursuing a college degree in math or science.
We cater to first-generation, low-income students who are U.S. citizens desiring extra support and advisement.
UBMS provides several services including after school tutoring, a 6-week residential program at New Mexico Tech or University of New Mexico, monthly student and parent workshops, cultural events, and opportunities to travel nation-wide visiting college campuses.
Program Services & Activities:
- Academic Advising
- Weekly tutoring at your school
- College & University tours
- Career & college exploration
- Financial aid assistance including scholarship information
- FAFSA workshops
- Assistance with college applications
- College entrance exams assistance; ACT/SAT prep
- Individualized assistance with personal, social, familial and developmental concerns
- Cultural and educational field trips
- Six week summer residential program at New Mexico Tech
To qualify for the program participants must:
- Be from low income family and/or first generation to college
- Be enrolled at either Manzano, West Mesa, or Socorro High School
- Have a desire to go to college!
- Be a citizen or a permanent resident of the US
- Once you are accepted into NMT-UBMS you are expected to attend both the school year and summer components.
- During the school year, participants attend tutoring, meet with advisors, attend Saturday workshops and educational or cultural activities.
- Summer program is held in New Mexico Tech for six weeks, Monday thru Friday, attending daily classes and educational workshops.
- A community of young, motivated learners!
TO APPLY: Please click on the link below to apply online.
|Megha Khandelwal||Interim Program Director||(575) 835-5470||Upward Bound Math & Science||Speare firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Twila Casias||ABQ Program Coordinator||(505) 274-4065||Upward Bound Math & Scienceemail@example.com|
|Denise Contreras||Socorro Program Coordinator/Instructor||(575) 418-7027||Upward Bound Math & Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|