Behavioral Intervention Team
“The mission of New Mexico Tech’s Behavioral Intervention Team is to improve the overall well-being and safety of individual students as well as the campus community as a whole.”
NMT BIT Mission
Our purpose is to assess and coordinate NMT’s response to student behavior that may require intervention. BIT provides a proactive and team approach to enhance students’ physical and emotional safety.
We are an interdisciplinary team of trained professionals who monitor student behavior, develop appropriate intervention plans, and coordinate services for students in distress or crisis. Our team is comprised of representatives from the Office of Counseling and Disability Services, Student University Relations, Academic Affairs, Campus Police, Residential Life, Human Resources and the NMT Legal Department.
What We Do:
- Receive information about students of concern and discuss concerning behaviors.
- Determine an appropriate, individualized intervention plan for each student.
- Intervene and connect students with needed resources.
- Coordinate follow-up and monitoring of student status; ensure that services and resources are deployed effectively.
- Maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality and handle matters with professional discretion.
If you are concerned that at student may be in crisis please contact us. NMT Behavior Intervention Team Reporting Form
If you are concerned that a student is a threat to themselves or others, please contact Campus Police immediately at x5555.