Pedram Roghanchi, Ph.D.
Freeport-McMoRan Endowed Assistant Professor
- 575 - 825 - 5273
- MSEC 172
- Ph.D. Geo-Engineering, University of Nevada, Reno, USA - 2017
- M.S. Mining Engineering, University of Nevada, Reno, USA - 2013
- B.S. Mining Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology, Iran - 2011
- Mine Ventilation
- Occupational Health and Safety
Current Research Projects
- NMT Training on Heat Exposure
- Silica Exposure in the Contruction Industry
- Respirable Coal Mine Dust (RCMD) Research: Characterization, deposition, monitoring, and mitigation of RCMD
- Demonstration of an Intrinsically Safe Drone for Underground Coal Mines
- ME 101 – Introduction to Mining Engineering
- ME 340 – Geostatistics and Mineral Evaluation
- ME 380 – Surface Mine Design
- ME 440 – Mine Ventilation
- ME 489 – Occupational Health and Safety
- Roghanchi, P., & Kocsis, K. C. (2019). Quantifying the thermal damping effect in underground vertical shafts using the nonlinear autoregressive with external input (NARX) algorithm. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology, 29(2), 255-262.
- Sunkpal M., Roghanchi P., Kocsis C.K., (2018) “A Method to Protect Mine Workers in Hot and Humid Climates,” Under review by Journal of Safety and Health at work, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 149-158.
- Roghanchi, P., & Kocsis, K. C. (2018). Challenges in selecting an appropriate heat stress index to protect workers in hot and humid underground mines. Safety and health at work, 9(1), 10-16.
- Roghanchi, P., Kocsis, K. C., & Sunkpal, M. (2016). Sensitivity analysis of the effect of airflow velocity on the thermal comfort in underground mines. Journal of sustainable mining, 15(4), 175-180.
- Roghanchi, P., & Kocsis, K. C. (2017). Improving the climatic conditions in development and production
workings of hot underground mines by re-designing the auxiliary ventilation system:
a case study. International Journal of Mining and Mineral Engineering, 8(4), 280-293.