South Hall is our Second Year Experience Hall, and it houses our Sophomore's Queer Affinity Space. South Hall is an exterior style building featuring Suite-style units, where two bedrooms are connected to and share a full bathroom.
Each Fully-Furnished Bedroom Offers:
- Two residents
- An average size of about 11.5 feet by 20 feet
- Two twin-XL beds
- Two desks with chairs
- Two dressers
- Two side tables
- Two ethernet ports
- A walk-in closet
- A sink / vanity area
South Hall Offers:
- Two laundry rooms
- One on the first floor and the other on the 3rd floor.
- Five lounges
- Two DirectTV-broadcast system lounges on the 1st and 3rd floors
- Two study lounges on the 2nd floor and one on the 3rd floor
- One computer lounge on the 2nd floor with a free printer
- A housing capacity of 165 residents
What is the Queer Affinity Space?
The Queer Affinity Space is an inclusive queer and transgender students community during your first and second year of college? Queer Affinity Space is open to any students who identify with the lesbian, gay, bisexual, pansexual, transgender, queer, Two Spirit, intersex, and asexual (or LGBTQIA+) community.
Students in this space are able to explore and express their whole selves, including their gender identities, expressions, and sexuality in a safe and affirming environment. There are two communities: a first-year and second-year community! The First Year space is in Torres Hall, and the Second Year space is in South Hall.