Last Updated November 27, 2023
Older news is archived here. Current news can be found on the newsstand.
- Are you a new student or want free food? Come to the Meet & Greet as part of the Week of Welcome to meet the faculty, staff and students of the Physics Department! The luncheon takes place on August 18th from 11am to 1:30pm on the first floor of Fidel. Registration with techConnect is required for existing students.
- Do you want to join the Astronomy or Physics Clubs? Both clubs will have tables at the Club Fair! They can be located between Brown Hall and the Gym on August 18th from 2pm to 6pm.
- Come eat breakfast with and get to know our faculty, staff and fellow students at the Welcoming Breakfast on August 31st from 8 am to noon on the third floor of Workman! All physics majors are invited to attend.
- Curious to know what to do once you've completed your degree? The Career Fair is coming up on September 19th and is located in the Fidel Ballrooms! Physics Department alumni are known to attend.
- Ever look at the night sky and feel lost? Want to impress others with your otherworldly knowledge of the constellations? If so, come to the Etscorn Observatory Star Party, hosted by the Astronomy Club, on October 7th at 8pm!
- Are you an alumni? Come join us for a reception on October 12th at Bodega Burger Co. & Lounge from 4pm to 8pm! To RSVP, fill out this form by October 5th. If you have any questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call (575) 835-5328. We look forward to seeing you there!
- We'll be making ice cream... with liquid nitrogen! Come join us on the first floor of Workman, on Wednesday, November 8th from 2:30pm to 4:30pm. All physics students are encouraged to attend!