Peter Mozley, PhD
Professor, Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs
Earth & Environmental Science
- 575 - 835 - 5311
- Brown Hall 200B
My principal scientific interests are in the fields of sedimentary petrology, diagenesis, geological carbon sequestration, and environmental and petroleum geology. Topics I’m currently working on include:
- Reservoir/seal analysis for petroleum systems and proposed carbon sequestration sites
- Geologic controls on induced seismicity
- The relationship between carbonate cementation, fluid flow, microbial activity and permeability heterogeneity in clastic sedimentary rocks.
- Controls on fault-zone cementation, fluid flow, and the relationship of fault zone diagenesis to permeability.
- Evolution of calcic horizons in desert soils –– impact on the carbon/water cycle.