Communicate to Educate is the focus of this year's NMT Student Research Symposium (SRS), an annual event where NMT students present their research to NMT, Socorro, and the larger STEM community. Students at all levels, from freshman to graduate, have the opportunity to participate in research; the SRS provides a forum to share the exciting projects they've been working on!
During the event, students are able to:
- Showcase their knowledge and skills by giving a presentation or displaying a poster to peers, professional researchers, and engineers.
- Communicate their research or design to people outside of their field.
- See what their peers are doing and get ideas for future research projects.
This year's SRS Schedule
April 10, 2019
Poster Session #1 11:00 AM in Macey Center
Poster Session #2 1:00 PM in Macey Center
Dinner 5:00 PM for 6 Presenters in Fidel Ballroom
April 11, 2019
3 Minute Speech Competition: CITL (Speare 113), 9:30 - 11:30 am
Poster Session #3 1:00 PM in Macey Center
Poster Session #4 3:00 PM in Macey Center
How can students participate?
The New Mexico Tech Student Research Symposium is a campus-wide co-curricular event open to all New Mexico Tech students, organized by faculty, students, administrators, and staff where we:
- Provide a forum for students to voluntarily share knowledge with their peers, faculty, community, guests, and reviewers through oral or poster presentations and abstracts of their research/design projects.
- Encourage students to develop professional oral presentation, writing, and document design skills to communicate their research/design to a multidisciplinary audience.