The mission of the Financial Aid Department is to assist in the reduction of financial barriers for those
who wish to pursue a post-secondary education.
New Mexico Tech makes every effort to make our undergraduate education affordable for everyone: new students, returning students, and transfer students. Assistance comes in the form of institutional scholarships, financial aid, and student employment.
- Institutional scholarships are based solely on your grades (high school GPA, standardized test scores, and college grades if you are a transfer student). You do not need to demonstrate financial need for an institutional scholarship—only your own academic merit.
- In addition to scholarships, we offer financial aid, which includes
- Federal grants (e.g., Pell Grant, SEOG Grant)
- Federal loans (e.g., Perkins Loan, Stafford Loan, PLUS Loan)
- Federal work-study
- New Mexico grants (State Student Incentive Grant, College Affordability Grant)
- New Mexico Scholars Program (based on academic merit and financial need)
- New Mexico work-study
To receive Financial Aid (loans, grants, work-study, etc.) in addition to a scholarship, fill out the FAFSA. New Mexico Tech's Title IV code for federal financial aid applications is 002654.
New Mexico Tech's Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy .
New Mexico Tech Financial Aid Office
Fidel Center, Second Floor
801 Leroy Place
Socorro, NM 87801
Phone: 1-800-428-TECH (8324) or 1-(575)-835-5333