Distinguished Research Award
The recipients of the Distinguished Research Award are chosen by a committee of Tech faculty and researchers and are nominated by their colleagues. The award is presented annually at commencement.
Distinguished Research Award Committee (2016-2017):
A. Fakhimi (Ch.), W. Ostergren, D. Raymond, M. Bhaskar, M. Heagy
- The Committee is currently soliciting nominations for the 2015 Distinguished Research Award. Nominations are requested by March 25, 2016. The closing date for having nominations to the committee for full consideration this year will be April 15, 2016.
- Procedures for Nominations:
- Nominations must be made confidentially, i.e., without the knowledge of the nominee, and without broad knowledge outside of the nominator(s) and references.
- The call for nominations will go out to the NMT community jointly from the committee and Research Vice President at the first Faculty Senate meeting of the year and be reissued via email at least once prior to the deadline.
- Nominations should be new or updated resubmittals.
- Nomination packages will be limited to a nomination letter, an extended CV of research and publication highlights of up to 10 pages in length, and 2-4 external letters. Other materials will not be considered.
- Nominations should be submitted jointly to the chair of the committee and to the Research Vice President via email.
- The committee will provide a recommendation of the awardee to the VP for a final decision on the award (which is given during Commencement), as well as confidential feedback to nominators each year.
- The award may only be given once to any particular individual.
2016 Mark Person, Earth & Environmental Science
|Reid Grigg, PRRC|
|Michael Heagy, Chemistry|
|Ali Fakhimi, Mineral Engineering|
|2012||Philip Kyle, Earth & Environmental Science|
|2011||William Winn, Physics|
|2010||Richard Aster, Earth & Environmental Science|
|2009||William Rison, Electrical Engineering|
|2008||Bhaskar Majumdar, Materials|
|2007||Tanja Pietrass, Chemistry|
|2006||Robert Bowman, Earth & Environmental Science|
|2005||William McIntosh, Bureau of Geology|
|2004||Jill Buckley, Petroleum Recovery Research Center|
|2003||Raphael Lara-Martinez, Humanities|
|2002||Randy Seright, PRRC|
|2001||John McCoy, Materials Engineering|
|2000||Paul Krehbiel, Physics|
|1999||Allan Gutjahr, Mathematics/Earth & Environmental Science|
|1998||John Wilson, Earth & Environmental Science|
|1997||Lawrence Werbelow, Chemistry|
|1996||Krishan Chawla, Materials Engineering|
|1995||David Raymond, Physics|
|1994||Fred Phillips, Earth & Environmental Science|
|1993||Gerardo Gross, Physics|
|1992||Jean Eilek, Physics|
|1991||Kay Brower, Chemistry|
|1990||Norman Morrow, Petroleum Engineering|
|1989||Osman Inal, Materials Engineering|
|1988||Charles Chapin, Earth & Environmental Science|
|1987||Kent Condie, Earth & Environmental Science|
|1986||Marx Brook, Physics|
|1985||Allan Sanford, Earth & Environmental Science|
|1984||Charles Moore, Physics|