Undergraduate Admission Requirements
New Mexico Tech seeks to admit students who have demonstrated, through previous education, aptitude tests, and interests, that they are qualified to complete a degree. Tech subscribes to the National Association of College Admission Counseling's Statement of purpose.
- High School Graduate; GPA (Grade Point Average): 2.5 or GED (General Equivalency Diploma): 500
- ACT Composite Score: 21 or SAT Combined Score (Critical Reading & Math): 970
Applying For Undergraduate Admission
- Official high school transcript; or Official GED scores. Home schooled students must provide documentation of courses completed.
- Official college transcript(s) from ALL colleges attended (if applicable).
- Official ACT Student Profile Report or SAT College Report.
Applying for Scholarships
No application is necessary! The student's Application for Admission and Scholarships will consider the student for one of New Mexico Tech's Merit Scholarships on the basis of the high school GPA, standardized test scores, and, in the case of transfer students, the college GPA.
If you wish to be considered for Federal Student Aid, you must submit a FAFSA
Detailed Information Regarding Admission
Refrence: New Meixco Tech's Course Catalog
Entering Freshmen: U.S. Citizen/U.S. Permanent Residents who have received or will receive a U.S. High School Diploma.
Home-Schooled Students: Entering Freshmen – U.S. Citizens/U.S. Permanent Residents.
Transfer Students: U.S. Citizens/U.S. Permanent Residents who have completed college work after high school graduation.
International Students: Entering Freshmen or Transfer Students who are not U.S. Citizens/Permanent Residents.
Special Students: Non-Degree — Seeking Undergraduate Students with course loads of 6 hours or less.
Please direct any questions or concerns about the content of the Office of Admission's website to email@example.com