Student Research Symposium
Welcome to the SRS!
4th annual SRS:
Thursday, April 16th 2015
Communicate to Educate!
The application form is up!
Interactive PDF - You will need to use Adobe Acrobat if you want to fill this out on the computer, as it uses digital signatures.
A couple notes from the SRS Team:
1) Please fill out the application on the computer, even if you end up printing out the forms to sign them. Your information is more easily obtained from print.
2) You are welcome to bring a thumb drive with the application completely filled out on it to turn in. If the information is not complete, we will ask you to fill out the application elsewhere and bring it back to us.
3) These forms are due Tuesday, February 17th, Wednesday, February 18th, or Thursday, February 19th. All 3 days will be 11:00 to 2:00 in Fidel Atrium and 6pm to 9pm in Torres MPR.
The New Mexico Tech Student Research Symposium is a campus-wide co-curricular event open to all New Mexico Tech students and organized by faculty, students, administrators, and staff.
Our mission is to:
Provide a forum for students to voluntarily share knowledge with their peers, faculty, community, guests, and reviewers through oral or poster presentations and extended abstracts of their research/design projects;
Encourage students to develop professional oral presentation, writing, and document design skills to communicate their research/design to a multi- disciplinary audience.
New Mexico Tech SRS Student Learning Outcomes
Students will learn to:
- share knowledge with their peers, faculty, community, guests, and reviewers
- develop professional oral presentation, writing, and document design skills to communicate their research/design to a multi-disciplinary audience
- contribute to communities that create and communicate knowledge.
- What is the SRS?
- Dates and Deadlines
- Reviewer Information
- Middle/ High School Attendees
- Community College Attendees
- Criteria for Extended Abstracts, Posters, and Presentations
- 3 Minute Presentations: What are they?
The Writing Center and Oral Presentation Center are putting on workshops to help YOU get prepared to present at the Student Research Symposium!
Workshop Dates and Times
Attention poster presenters! In order for your poster to be printed in
the highest quality possible, please make sure you are saving your file as
a high-resolution PDF. Since MS PowerPoint may not allow you to do that,
you will want to save your poster file in Adobe Acrobat Professional (you
can download a free trial copy here
Extended Abstract Templates and Examples
Here is a poster template, prepared by a Writing Center Tutor!
LaTeX Template (Provided by the generous John Shipman)
The 2nd Annual Student Research Symposium was a success!
- There were 68 registrations for presentations
- 516 people registered for the event
- Out of those registrants:
- 257 were NMT students
- 9 were students from other colleges
- 32 were NMT faculty and 30 were NMT staff
- 108 were high school students
- 11 were high school teachers/advisors
- There were 9 public guests
- 8 participant family members
- 69 others
3rd Annual Student Research Symposium info coming soon!