Student Research Symposium
Welcome to the SRS Webpage
The New Mexico Tech Student Research Symposium is a campus-wide co-curricular event open to all New Mexico Tech students and organized by faculty, students, administrators, and staff. Our mission is to:
Provide a forum for students to voluntarily share knowledge with their peers, faculty, community, guests, and reviewers through oral or poster presentations and extended abstracts of their research/design projects;
Encourage students to develop professional oral presentation, writing, and document design skills to communicate their research/design to a multi- disciplinary audience.
New Mexico Tech Student Research Symposium Student Learning Outcomes
Students will learn to:
- share knowledge with their peers, faculty, community, guests, and reviewers
- develop professional oral presentation, writing, and document design skills to communicate their research/design to a multi-disciplinary audience
- contribute to communities that create and communicate knowledge.
The 2nd Annual Student Research Symposium was a success!
- There were 68 registrations for presentations
- 516 people registered for the event
- Out of those registrants:
- 257 were NMT students
- 9 were students from other colleges
- 32 were NMT faculty and 30 were NMT staff
- 108 were high school students
- 11 were high school teachers/advisors
- There were 9 public guests
- 8 participant family members
- 69 others