Research Policies, Procedures, & Forms
Official NMT Policies related to Research
These policies have been approved by Tech's Board of Regents and are therefore official university policy:
- Official Policy on Research Integrity
- Official Policy on Human Subjects Research
- Official Policy Governing Conflict of Financial Interest
R&ED Policies and Procedures
The R&ED Office develops policies and procedures on an as-needed basis to help facilitate research training, proposal routing, and proposal submission:
- Additional Faculty Compensation For Sponsored Projects (.doc)
- Laboratory Safety Course -- New Researchers must complete this course to receive start up funding
- Proposal Routing Procedure -- All proposals must be approved by Tech's administration before being submitted to any funding agency. This document describes Tech's procedure for obtaining the necessary approvals for your proposal.
- GRANTS.GOV User Manual-- Most federal agencies require proposals to be submitted via the Grants.gov website. The R&ED Research Services Office must submit all proposals through Grants.Gov. This document is a very basic user manual for Grants.gov.
- NSF Proposals -- The National Science Foundation requires all proposals to be submitted via its FastLane website. The PI can upload his or her proposal at FastLane, but the R&ED Research Services Office actually submits the proposal.
General Research Forms
- Summer Salary 2013 -- Use this form to request up to three months of summer salary. You must have valid account numbers from which to draw all support money.
- Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form -- You must disclose any potential conflicts of financial interest that exist for any of your research projects. Complete this form and include it with the Proposal Routing Sheet and your proposal when you route it for administrative signatures.
- Proposal Routing Sheet (PDF FORMAT, REVISED MAY 2009) -- Please download and complete this form, attach it to your research proposal, and route it for administrative signatures BEFORE submitting it to a funding agency.
- Proposal Routing Sheet (WORD FORMAT, REVISED MAY 2009) -- This document is in Word 97 format. It should be usable by Word 2000 and Word 2003.
New Mexico Tech is an approved Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSI).
Graduate Assistant Contract
All contracts, forms, and guidelines for hiring graduate students are available on the Graduate Studies Office webpages.
Human Subjects Research Policies and Documents
All information and forms related to Human Subjects Research are now located on the IRB webpage.
Please be aware that federal law requires you to receive IRB approval before you start any research project that uses human subjects. This type of research must also follow specific federal rules and guidelines to receive IRB approval. See the IRB webpages or contact New Mexico Tech's IRB Administrator for more information.
The aim of NMT’s Import | Export Compliance Program is to achieve and sustain an exceptional program of compliance with export | import laws, regulations, codes and statues, by all University’ activities and to implement this program in the most “business friendly” manner possible.
Proponent for this manual is Bob Brumley, NMT’s Empowered Official with regard to our Import | Export Compliance Program. This is a living document with updates and additions anticipated. Any suggestions or comments for future updates should be directed to Mr. Brumley at email@example.com.
Click here to download the Import Export Compliance Manual (pdf)