Large multi-purpose field space on south end of campus. This area is used for intramural sports, open recreation, and club sport practice and special events.
2 hard court tennis surfaces located on the north end of the Tech Swim Center.
Located west of the Golf Shop, for use by individuals, clubs, and classes. Please observe all safety regulations as posted.
Two multipurpose gymnasiums used for open recreation, community college classes, intramurals, sport clubs, and special events.
Large area used for open recreation and community college classes. Included are free weights, multi-gym, various strength machines, treadmills, elliptical cross trainers, upright bikes, recumbent bikes, rowing machines, and stairmasters.
Weight Room Rules:
A current Tech ID or gym pass is required for entry.
The following rules were designed to help prevent injury to patrons:
- Spotters are strongly recommended for free weight use.
- When using free weights, be sure to place safety collars at each end of the bar to hold the weights in place.
- Return all free weights to their proper place following use.
- When using weight machines, be certain that the weight pins are secured before you begin repetitions.
- DO NOT bang weights; lower the weight stack slowly down to its original position upon completion of repetition.
- Unsupervised children are NOT allowed in the weight room at any time. - Children are allowed in the weight room to use the equipment only and MUST be directly and closely supervised by an adult at all times. Any weight room patron under the age of 17 must demostrate knowledge of proper lifting techniques and safety procedures to receive clearance and to use the equipment unsupervised. This may be done by contacting the Physical Recreation Director.
- Proper athletic attire (including shirt and shoes) is required at all times in the weight room. No open toe shoes, sandals or Teva's allowed.
Two racquetball courts and one squash court are available for reservation, and for use by classes and sport clubs.
Reservations for racquetball and squash court times can be made in the Physical Recreation Office by calling 835-5131. Courts may be reserved no more than one day in advance. If cancellation of a reserved court is necessary, we ask that this be done as far in advance as possible. Courts may be claimed within ten minutes of the scheduled reservation time or the reservation will be forfeited. The court is claimed by presenting a current Tech I.D. or Gym Membership card to the attendant on duty.
Racquetball/Squash Courts Rules:
- Individuals must wear proper athletic footwear with non-marking soles.
- It is strongly recommended that all participants wear protective goggles or eye wear.
Martial Arts/Combative Room
Room 2 downstairs in the Gymnasium. Used by classes, sport clubs and others upon reservation.
Separate facilities exist for men and women.
Lockers and showers are available in the Gymnasium. Individuals are to bring their own towels. Lockers may be checked out by those individuals possessing a current Tech ID or Gym Membership card for a $10.00 fee. Lockers must be renewed every year ($10.00 fee each year).
Community members MUST keep their gym membership current. Failure to renew will result in a forfeiture of the locker fee and removal of items from locker.
Locks are provided by the Department of Physical Recreation. Those with lockers are encouraged to keep all personal items secured when not in use. All are encouraged to take precautions against theft while using the facility. Lost items should be reported to the Physical Recreation staff and/or Campus Police at 835-5134 immediately.
An indoor climbing wall is available in the downstairs gym. Classes occasionally use the climbing room. Shoes must be worn at all times on the wall.