Children of New Mexico Tech students and employees as well as children of community members are eligible to enroll in our programs. As an opening becomes available, priority will first be given to New Mexico Tech students, then to employees of New Mexico Tech, and finally to community members. We accept children and families receiving CYFD assistance. Attendance begins and/or continues as long as you and/or your child meet the following requirements:
- You have submitted a completed application packet and paid the non-refundable registration fee.
- You have been interviewed and understand the program goals.
- Your child meets the age requirements.
- Your child’s immunizations are current and records have been submitted or you have a Certificate of Exemption on file.
- She/he can age-appropriately control her/his actions and does not exhibit behavior that could be dangerous to herself/himself, other children, or Children’s Center personnel.
- You have read the Family Handbook and agree in writing to comply with the policies and procedures outlined therein.
|Community||NMT Employees||NMT Student|
These rates are in effect for fiscal year 2015-2016 and will change on July 1, 2015. Part time care is available. For rates, please contact the Children's Center.
Description of Fees
Tuition and Modification Conditions
- Rates are subject to change, as conditions require. Families will receive as much advance notice as possible.
- No allowances are made for absences, vacations, New Mexico Tech holidays, and Winter Break. Families are responsible for full tuition payments even when their child/children do not attend.
Registration and Re-enrollment Fees
- A one-time nonrefundable Registration Fee of $35.00 per child is required to enroll your child.
Charges for Late Pick-up
The Children’s Center closes at 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. If your child remains past the scheduled closing time, you will be charged a late fee of $1.00 per minute.
Parent/Guardian Financial Responsibility
Payment of Tuition
- Tuition is due and payable in advance. Tuition is due on or before the 10th of each month, unless other arrangements are made and approved by the Children’s Center manager. If payment-in-full is not received by that day, a late payment fee of one dollar ($1.00) per day will be billed. If the account is 30 days past due, your child/children may be withdrawn.
- A processing fee of $25.00 will be added to an account for any returned check. If more than two checks are returned within a year for insufficient funds, you will be required to pay in cash at the cashier’s window in Brown Hall or by money order at the Children’s Center.
Discounts apply to the lowest rate.
- Full-rate charge
Each additional child
- 10% discount of full-rate
To qualify for a student discount, one parent/guardian must currently be enrolled as a full-time student at New Mexico Tech. The parent/guardian is required to submit a copy of their current class registration.
If you are a full-time student at New Mexico Tech, you may qualify for childcare assistance through the Financial Aid office. We also accept children of participants in the New Mexico State Children, Youth, and Families Department childcare assistance program.
Attendance and Visitors
We require that parents/guardians call the Early Childhood Program (835-5240) when your child/children will not be attending due to illness, change in schedule, or other reasons. No allowances are made for absences. Refunds, credit, or make-up days cannot be granted.