Summary of Property Office Functions
The Property Office has several responsibilities, which can be categorized into two branches. One branch focuses on the acquisition and tracking of assets that are purchased, donated or built by New Mexico Tech. Acquisition and tracking functions include:
- Tagging newly acquired assets
- Providing departments with annual inventories
- Maintaining property records
- Conducting biannual audits
- Maintaining vehicle registration and licenses
The second branch of Property Office duties involves the disposition of assets. Disposition of assets are conducted through:
- Pickup and accept surplus assets and materials
- Public auction Sealed bid
- Returning sponsored assets
- Removal due to loss, theft or cannibalization
- Notifying the Board of Regents and State Auditor of disposed assets
For more information regarding any of these functions, please select from the menu bar located at the top of the page or contact our office.
Our mission is to support, in an unbiased manner, the Institute’s research and higher education directives by ensured compliance with State and Federal regulations for property management and encouraging sound business practices.
We value accountability and people of integrity, who are committed to doing the right thing.
The Property Office employs sound business practices and we encourage our colleagues to do likewise.
We value feedback from our colleagues, and recognize the importance of listening, learning, and continually improving.
We take pride in helping find answers to questions and solutions to the problems of the Institute’s personnel and departments.