Office for Student Learning
What is the OSL?
The OSL is the Office for Student Learning. We’ve been working since 2013 to provide nondepartmental tutoring for a wide range of classes. Tutors are undergraduate students and tutoring is open to everyone. We offer tutoring for math, chemistry, and physics daily, and you can request a time to be scheduled with a tutor or request a tutor for a specific class if we do not already have one available.
Tutoring Schedule Summer 2014
The Office for Student Learning provides tutoring help in a range of subjects. Math, Chemistry, and Physics help is available during all open hours. For other subjects, please stop by the Learning Lab to be scheduled with a tutor.
Learning Lab (Located in Speare 110)
Click HERE to meet out learning coaches! (Takes you to the LLC webpage).
If you would like to request a tutor, please click here to find out how.
For more information, please contact Drea Rae Killingsworth at email@example.com
Not sure who to ask for help? Click here for a full list of the OSL's personnel.
Initiatives and Programs Directed by the Office for Student Learning
- Freshman Research at Tech
- LLC (Living/Learning Communities)
- Learning Coach Training and Supervision
- First Year Professional Development Courses for STEM
- Non-departmental Tutoring
- Academic Success Workshops
- Virtual OSL
- Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning (CITL)
- New Faculty Advising Workshop Support
- Faculty Advising Handbook and Resources
- Faculty Learning Communities
- Institutional Student Learning Team
- Student Learning Evaluation Reporting
- Student Research Symposium (SRS)
- Alcohol Safety Awareness Program (ASAP)
- Dissemination of Student Learning Best Practices
through Peer-reviewed publications
- Institutional Accreditation Support
Working under the purview of Academic Affairs, the Office for Student Learning (OSL) directs and facilitates initiatives and programs for student learning housed within the OSL. Further, the Office for Student Learning gathers and analyzes data to assess the effectiveness of curricular and co-curricular student learning programs and the level of achievement our students demonstrate in individual program and department student learning outcomes and in our Institute-Wide Student Learning Outcomes. In addition, the Office for Student Learning works with Strategic Planning and Resource Development on proposal development and project implementation to support and advance student learning.