Office for Student Learning
Working under the purview of Academic Affairs, the Office for Student Learning (OSL) directs and facilitates initiatives and programs for student learning housed within the OSL. Further, the Office for Student Learning gathers and analyzes data to assess the effectiveness of curricular and co-curricular student learning programs and the level of achievement our students demonstrate in individual program and department student learning outcomes and in our Institute-Wide Student Learning Outcomes. In addition, the Office for Student Learning works with Strategic Planning and Resource Development on proposal development and project implementation to support and advance student learning.
Tutoring Schedule Fall 2013
The Office for Student Learning provides tutoring help in a range of subjects. Math, Chemistry, and Physics help is available during all open hours. For other subjects, please stop by the Learning Lab to be scheduled with a tutor.
Learning Lab (Located in Speare 110)
Monday - Thursday
1:00pm - 7:00pm
If you would like to request a tutor, please click here to find out how.
For more information, please contact Drea Rae Killingsworth at email@example.com
Initiatives and Programs Directed by the Office for Student Learning
- Freshman Research at Tech
- L2nC (Living and Learning in Community)
- Learning Coach Training and Supervision
- First Year Professional Development Courses for STEM
- Non-departmental Tutoring
- Academic Success Workshops
- Virtual OSL
- Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning (CITL)
- New Faculty Advising Workshop Support
- Faculty Advising Handbook and Resources
- Faculty Learning Communities
- Institutional Student Learning Team
- Student Learning Evaluation Reporting
- Student Research Symposium (SRS)
- Alcohol Safety Awareness Program (ASAP)
- Dissemination of Student Learning Best Practices
through Peer-reviewed publications
- Institutional Accreditation Support
- Strategic Planning and Resource Development Support
Office for Student Learning Personnel
Not sure who to ask for help? Click here for a full list of the OSL's personnel.