NMT Veterans Information Center

  • Your VA Trip to TECH!   

    First off, let me say that I am happy that you are interested in Tech, and I will work with you to ease the transition to our campus!

     Initially, you can go to http://www.gibill.va.gov/  to begin the application process. 

  •        1.  Go thru the VONAPP application(Veterans On Line Application);
                 *  You may need your DD214 (Certificate of release or discharge from active duty papers or  Social Security number). 
                 *  To get your military transcript, go to The ACE(American Council on Education) Military Guide on the web  at
  •          2.   Once your application is processed, the Department of Veterans Affairs will send you a
                'Certificate of Eligibility' letter.  
  •         3.  When you receive such letter, it will state the type of VA Education Benefit program you
                 are entitled to, and the length of the benefit.  Call me, or email me, and we can discuss
                 the next step. 
  •         4.  Basically, I create a VA file on you (with much of the same application information you
                  send to Admission, plus the Certificate of Eligibility). 

            5.  As you process your application to New Mexico Tech Admission Office (http://www.nmt.edu ),
                I will be processing your NMT VA and VA-ONCE file (internet based application used to
                submit enrollment certification and notices of change in student status).

     Please call me or email me with any questions you may have. 
    I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you!


    Luz Diaz Barreras
    New Mexico Tech School Certifying Official