SOCORRO, N.M. April 11, 2012 -- New Mexico Tech President Dr. Daniel H. Lopez announced today that the university’s employee insurance which has been administered by HCH Administration will be changing to Meritain Health for administration, effective May 1, 2012.
The benefit plan, which has been administered by HCH Administration, will be changing to Meritain Health. HCH sold its New Mexico business to Meritain. The plan will remain the same, but with a different company administering the coverage. Tech has NOT changed its provider. This change is unrelated to New Mexico Tech’s recent effort to evaluate other providers of health insurance coverage.Please note:
- Benefits will not change
- PPO Network will change to the Aetna Network
- Pharmacy plan will not change
With Meritain Health, there are some things you can expect:
- New ID cards will be issued and sent directly to your home.
- You will have access to significant online tools in a new member portal at www.myMERITAIN.COM
- Member Statements will consolidate explanation of payment forms generated with provider claims.
- With your ID card, you will receive a form asking you to update information regarding other health insurance coverage you carry. Please respond, as requested.
Employees will soon receive these items in the mail at their home mailing address:
- Your new member portal, www.myMERITAIN.com.
- Your new member ID Card, which you will be receiving in a separate mailing. The new ID Card will be used for all your benefits – Medical/Dental/Vision, as well as Prescription Drugs. Note that you will be assigned a new ID Number and that this card and number will be used for all family members covered. One card will be issued for every person who is age 18 or over.
- Meritain Health Member Statements.
- If you have any questions about your benefit plan or these changes, please contact Meritain Health customer service at the number listed on your new ID Card.
– NMT –