Did this e-newsletter get forwarded to you? You can sign up to receive this weekly message at www.nmt.edu/nmt-calendar
Flags On Display at Fidel Center:
- Ecuador, Norway, Pakistan, Panama, Peru and Japan (May 2 to 8).
- Norway, Egypt, Malaysia, Vietnam, Serbia and Romania (May 9 to 15).
Tech in the news and on the Web:
El Defensor Chieftainreported on two awards from the President's Club Banquet. Dr. Van Romero and Bill Macey were honored with the Distinguished Faculty Award and Distinguished Alumni Award respectively. Click here for the article.
The Albuquerque Journal reported on the inaugural Inventors and Entrepreneurs Workshop held on the Tech campus recently. The event was a great success, culminating with six presentations by former students. Click here for the article.
The Albuquerque Journal published a report about the recent "Innovate New Mexico" conference. The article mentions a new water desalinization technology being developed at Tech.Click here for the article.
KRQE aired a report about MythBusters looking for a new cast, along with plenty of references to New Mexico Tech. Click here for the article.
- Congratulations to Tech grad Dr. Guillermo Francia, who was named a Fulbright Scholar for 2017. Dr. Francia is a professor of computer science at Jacksonville State University. He earned his master's (1988) and Ph.D. (1992) at New Mexico Tech.For the full article, click here.
Items of interest:
Did you know? New Mexico Tech sends surplus inventory to Bentley's Auction every month. The company auctions New Mexico Tech inventory on the second Friday of every month. Auctions start at 8:30 a.m. at 4900 Pan American Freeway NE, Albuquerque. Buyers can bid on items in person, on-line or by phone. The website is www.bentleysauction.com or auctionsouthwest.com. Bentley's phone number is (505) 344-1812.
- What can you do with your empty printer and copier ink cartridges, and the cell phones you're no longer using? Put them in a collection box for the Rotary Club of Socorro. This project is partly community service, to keep the cartridges and phones out of the landfill, and partly an effort to raise funds for Rotary's local, national, and international projects. You will find collection boxes on campus in the Fidel Center, Human Resources, NRAO, MRO, and the Bureau of Geology. You will also see them at various locations around Socorro. Rotary thanks you for your help!
Homes For Sale on Tech Hill
- 498 Mesa Dr. Contact James Davidson at (575) 835-2710 at firstname.lastname@example.org
1221 Apache Dr.. Contact Dima Kogan at (626) 319-4463.
- 1315 North Drive, Contact Mary Grow at email@example.com.
1224 Apache Drive. Contact Jeanene Hall, ERA Sellers and Buyers Real Estate at (575) 835-0888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 503 Mesa Drive. Contact: Aili, (575) 518-8687, email: email@example.com
1218 Apache Drive. Contact Cecilie Bodman of Equity New Mexico at (505) 250-1356. For more information about this home, go to http://www.trulia.com/property/3015582205-1218-Apache-Dr-Socorro-NM-87801
501 NW Mesa Drive. Contact Jeanene Hall, ERA Sellers and Buyers Real Estate at (575) 835-0888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.