Did this e-newsletter get forwarded to you? You can sign up to receive this weekly message at www.nmt.edu/nmt-calendar
Flag Rotation at Macey Center
- Peru, Switzerland, Japan, Trinidad & Tobago, Turkey, and Singapore (July 25-31).
- Germany, Ecuador, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Singapore, and Jordan (Aguust 1 to 7).
New Mexico Tech on the web and in the news:
KRQE-TV aired a story about the latest developments at the Magdalena Ridge Observatory Interferometer. Reporter Bob Martin included aerial footage and interviews. He also mentioned the MRO's 2.4 meter telescope and Langmuir Laboratory for Atmospheric Research. Click here for the video report.
Albuquerque Business First published an article about Tech graduate Jeb Flemming. The 2000 Tech graduate has started a 3-D printing company, 3D Glass Solutions, which is growing quickly. Click here for the full article.
Forbes Magazine recently released its annual rankings, which show New Mexico Tech as #327 in the nation, #94 among public colleges and #66 in "The South." Click here for Forbes' profile of NMT.
The website BestComputerScienceDegrees.com released its rankings, placing NMT as the #22 computer science program in the nation. Click here for the list of the top 50 programs in the nation.
The Albuquerque Journal published an article about EMRTC, Tech's explosives research center, after a special Media Day event. Click here for reporter Chris Quintana's article.
- The Weekly Alibi, Albuquerque's alternative newspaper, also published an article about EMRTC based on Media Day. Editor Renee Chavez wrote an excellent first-person account of her experience at Tech. Click here for Chavez' article.
- ABC-15 in Phoenix aired a report about an investigation into an alleged terrorist plot. The report include comments from Dr. Van Romero, V.P. of Research and Development at NMT. For the complete report, click here.
Items of interest:
Did you know? New Mexico Tech sends surplus inventory to Bentley's Auction every month. The company auctions New Mexico Tech inventory on the second Friday of every month. Auctions start at 8:30 a.m. at 4900 Pan American Freeway NE, Albuquerque. Buyers can bid on items in person, on-line or by phone. The website is www.bentleysauction.com or auctionsouthwest.com. Bentley's phone number is (505) 344-1812.
- What can you do with your empty printer and copier ink cartridges, and the cell phones you're no longer using? Put them in a collection box for the Rotary Club of Socorro. This project is partly community service, to keep the cartridges and phones out of the landfill, and partly an effort to raise funds for Rotary's local, national, and international projects. You will find collection boxes on campus in the Fidel Center, Human Resources, NRAO, MRO, and the Bureau of Geology. You will also see them at various locations around Socorro. Rotary thanks you for your help!
Homes For Sale on Tech Hill
- 498 Mesa Dr. Contact James Davidson at (575) 835-2710 at email@example.com
1221 Apache Dr.. Contact Dima Kogan at (626) 319-4463.
1224 Apache Drive. Contact Jeanene Hall, ERA Sellers and Buyers Real Estate at (575) 835-0888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 503 Mesa Drive. Contact: Aili, (575) 518-8687, email: email@example.com
1218 Apache Drive. Contact Cecilie Bodman of Equity New Mexico at (505) 250-1356. For more information about this home, go to http://www.trulia.com/property/3015582205-1218-Apache-Dr-Socorro-NM-87801
501 NW Mesa Drive. Contact Jeanene Hall, ERA Sellers and Buyers Real Estate at (575) 835-0888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.