Flags On Display at Fidel Center:
- Ethiopia, Libya, Macedonia, Ecuador, Bangladesh and Angola.
New Mexico Tech in the News:
- The Santa Fe New Mexican published an article about dual credit courses, featuring Raj Singh, a first-year student who entered Tech with enough credits to be classified as a junior. Read the article at http://bit.ly/1rQwDRm.
A new commercial for the Acura TLX shows recent Tech grad Willie Desir. She appears at the :24 and :50 marks. http://bit.ly/1Be2fkV.
An Albuquerque Journal article on September 4 reported on a conference of higher education professionals, including comments from professor Julie Ford and president Dr. Daniel H. Lopez. http://bit.ly/1qgYIiC.
- Sarah Jarosz, a singer/songwriter from Austin, Texas, will perform at Macey Center on Friday, kicking off the 2014-15 Performing Arts Series season. Read about Jarosz at http://bit.ly/1rJ61jc.
Recently retired Tech profesor Dr. Kent Condie has published a paper showing that plate tectonics are actually speeding up, not slowing down. http://bit.ly/1nyyP8V
- The New Mexico Tech rugby teams competed in the Santa Fe Tens Tourney. Read the game reports at http://bit.ly/1rJ61jc.
Items of interest:
- TIAA-CREF is hosting individual meetings with members of the Tech faculty and staff who would like more information about the 403(b) plan offered through New Mexico Tech. Senior Financial Consultant Jake Litzau will be available for individual meetings from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 17, at the Tripp Room of the Skeen Library. To schedule an appointment, register at www.tiaa-cref.org/schedulenow or call 800-732-8353 from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The Property Office will be conducting a training session for staff and faculty from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 24, in Cramer Hall 124. The presentation will cover Tech property procedures, as well as state and federal regulations regarding acquisition, handling, and disposition of property. There will be a Q&A period following the presentation. This session is beneficial not only for new and recent hires, but also for individuals who have attended before as Property Office procedures continue to evolve with changing State and Federal regulations. The goal of the Property is to keep NMT personnel up-to-date on necessary procedures to ensure regulatory compliance. Be sure to sign-up soon because space is limited. To register, email JoAnn Salome at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The ongoing construction of the new Bureau of Geology building will necessitate the closure of the sidewalk along Bullock Avenue during working hours. This will remain through the summer. The construction crew will block the areas when they arrive to work and remove them when they finish for the day. The construction crew will also post signs to direct pedestrians to go around to the north side of Bullock keeping them away from the construction area. This project is scheduled to be completed by spring 2015.
- What can you do with your empty printer and copier ink cartridges, and the cell phones you're no longer using? Put them in a collection box for the Rotary Club of Socorro. This project is partly community service, to keep the cartridges and phones out of the landfill, and partly an effort to raise funds for Rotary's local, national, and international projects. You will find collection boxes on campus in the Fidel Center, Human Resources, NRAO, MRO, and the Bureau of Geology. You will also see them at various locations around Socorro. Rotary thanks you for your help!
The SoLLVE Vanpool Express has one immediate openings for new part or full-time riders. The Socorro-Los Lunas Vanpool Express is a not-for-profit group solely formed to provide transportation between the greater Los Lunas area (including Bosque Farms, Belen and the South Valley of Abq) and Socorro for employees and students of New Mexico Tech, the NRAO, and other local Socorro businesses. We also have a wait-list for people who plan to join at a future date. For more information, visit the SoLLVE website at www.nmt.edu/~sollve or contact David McCraw at email@example.com.
Homes For Sale on Tech Hill
1302 North Drive. Contact Rob Sanford at (217) 390-8045 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
1218 Apache Drive. Contact Dr. Ashok Ghosh at 575-517-0793 or email@example.com
499 Mesa. For more information, contact Bill at firstname.lastname@example.org or (505) 306-3490.