Graduate Employment and Internships
Note: Most recent postings are at the top. We leave old postings on the list so that you may research them for potential applications for next year.
Department of Homeland Security Summer Internship
- Website: Application Information
- 10-week Summer Internship
- Disciplines: DHS-STEM majors
- Reseach areas: Engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biological / life sciences, environmental science, emergency and incident management, social sciences, and more
- $7000 stipend ($6000 for UG)
- Requires US Citizenship
Idaho National Laboratories Postdoc Postings 2/10/15
- Posting 8591: Electric and Magnetic Field Measurement Analysis Postdoctoral Research Associate
- Posting 8380: Structural Computational Science Postdoctoral Research Associate
- Posting 8564: Actinide Chemistry and Actinide Separations Postdoctoral Research Associate
- Posting 8525: Thermal Hydraulics Analyst Postdoctoral Research Associate
- Website: www.comexus.org.mx
- US Scholars Award - Science and Technology
- PhD is required
- Good proficiency in Spanish
- Letter of affiliation from a Mexican academic or research institution
Science, Mathematics and Research for Transformation
- Website: http://smart.asee.org/
- Open to: Graduate and doctoral students pursuing degrees in STEM fields.
- Scholars recieve: full tuition, cash stipend, employment with Department of Defense facilities after graduation, summer internships.
- Website: http://jobs.prudential.com
- Opportunities available in Human Resources, Law, Compliance and Business Ethics, Sales and Marketing, and Technology.
Sandia National Laboratories
- Website: http://www.sandia.gov/careers/
- Disciplines: All
Native American Congressional Internship Program
- Website: www.udall.gov
- Internship is for American Indian and Alaska Native undergraduate, graduate, and law students
- Application deadline is January 31, 2015
New Mexico State Investment Council
- Disciplines: Business, Finance, Accounging, Engineering, Science Professional Position in:
- Investment Analyst / Senion Investment Analyst; Real Return Group
Disney Professional Internship in Technology
- Disciplines: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Managment
- Professional Internships in:
- Web Design, Software Engineering, Game Engineering, Quality Assurance, UX Design, Digital Media, Application Developer, .Net Developer, Business Analyst, New Technology Analyst, Distribution Technologist, Electrical Engineer
National Research Council of the National Academies
- Requirements: Ph.D. in associated discipline
- Disciplines: Chemistry; Earth, Atmospheric and Space Sciences; Engineering, Applied Science, and Mathematics; Life Sciences; and Physics
- Award Types:
- Postdoctoral Research Awards
- Graduate Awards
- Senior Research Awards
- Funding for one year (renewable up to three years total) to:
- "conduct independent research in an area compatible with the interests of the sponsoring laboratory"
- "devote full-time effort to research and publication"
- "access the excellent and often unique facilities of the federal research enterprise"
- "collaborate with leading scientists and engineers at federal research laboratories and affiliated institutions"
- Support includes stipend, health insurance, relocation benefits, and allowance for professional travel.
- Application deadlines: February 1, May 1, August 1, November 1
- Find research opportunities that match your interests at www.nationalacademies.org/rap, discuss with your prospective research advisor (contact information on the web site), complete the online application.
- Questions? Contact: National Research Council of the National Academies at (202) 334-2760 or email@example.com
Naval Research Laboratory Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
- Requires: U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident; Must have received an earned Ph.D. or other research doctoral degree by the the appointment; Must have received Ph.D. no more than 7 years before start of appointment.
- Award duration: One year with possible renewal for years two and three
- Stipend: Competitive based on research field and host laboratory
- (202) 350-5763 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Small Business Postdoctoral Research Diversity Fellowship
- Requires: U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident; Must have received an earned Ph.D., Sc.D., or other research doctoral degree in a STEM-related discipline suppored by the National Science Foundation.
- Program: Places recent Ph.D. recipients in designated active National Science Foundation (NSF) Phase II Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) companies. Aims: to help Phase II participants accelerate their research and to broaden participation from underrepresented groups such as women, African Americans, Hispanic Americans, American Indians, and Hawaiian/Pacific Islanders.
- Stipend: $75,000 per year plus health and life insurance; relocation ad travel grants are available.
- Duration: Fellowships are for two years with satisfactory performance.