How can I find out which classes will transfer?
Read the "General Rules About Transfer Credit" on the previous page. Most courses will transfer to meet general elective and general education core curriculum requirements. To find out how a specific class will transfer, please email registrar@admin.nmt.edu. It is a good idea to have your transfer credit evaluated before registering for a course.

Where should I have my transcripts sent?
If you are an incoming student, have your transcripts sent to the Admission Office. They will be part of your application for admission and will be sent to the Registrar's Office for evaluation after you are accepted for admission. If you are a current NMT student, your transcripts may be sent directly to the Office of the Registrar. 

New Mexico Tech's mailing address:
Name of Office (Admission or Registrar)
New Mexico Tech
801 Leroy Place
Socorro, NM 87801

Does my transcript have to be an official transcript?
Yes, your transcript must be official in order for credit to be awarded. You are welcome to submit an unofficial transcript or list of courses with descriptions to see how your courses will transfer, but no credit will be awarded based on unofficial documents.

Will the grades I earned transfer?
No, the grades you earned at other universities will not transfer to NMT. "CR" will appear on your transcript for courses transferred, in place of letter grades.

Some courses that I took did not transfer. Why is that?
Check with the Registrar's Office to ensure that we have received your most recent transcripts. Credit is not awarded until final, official transcripts are received. If your course was preparatory-level or otherwise did not meet NMT's transfer credit requirements, it may not have transferred. Please email registrar@admin.nmt.edu if you are uncertain as to why a course is not appearing on your record.

I believe a course I took is equivalent to a class at NMT, but elective credit was awarded. Is there any way to have this changed?
Non-articulated courses must be approved by the Chairperson of the appropriate academic department to count for a specific requirement, so you may take the course syllabus to the Department Chair for review. If approved, fill-out a Substitution_Waiver_Form.pdf and take to The Registrar's Office to have transfer credit adjustments processed.

I still have questions about my transfer evaluation. Is there someone who can help?
Email registrar@admin.nmt.edu

stop by the Registrar's Office in the Fidel Center

or call 575.835.5507.