Did this e-newsletter get forwarded to you? You can sign up to receive this weekly message at www.nmt.edu/nmt-calendar
Flag Rotation at Fidel Center
- Bangladesh, Pakistan, Canada, Georgia, Germany, and the United States (March 20 to 26).
- Czech Republic, China, Senegal, Bulgaria, Angola, and the United States (March 27 to April 2).
New Mexico Tech on the web and in the news:
KOB-TV Channel 4 aired interviews with Tech professor Dr. Peter Anselmo and students Gary Angles and Joachim Lohn-Jaramillo. The report focused on the Pat Miller Student Investment Club at Tech, which has been quite successful over recent years. The club awarded $4,500 in scholarships this year, based on its earnings in the stock market. Click here for the broadcast.
Items of interest:
- Sick Leave Buyback checks will be prepared with the March 24 payroll. For those employees who enrolled in the sick-leave buyback program, checks will be available at the cashier's window in the Fidel Center on Friday, March 24.
o For those not enrolled, employees can sign up to cash out accumulated sick leave at 50 percent. Regular full-time and part-time employees who are not tenured or on tenure-track are eligible to receive payment for unused sick leave hours in excess of 600 hours. First, employees must select the 600-hour maximum prior to reaching 600 hours of sick leave. Then, sick leave over 600 hours (calculated at the end of the year) will be paid out with the second paycheck in March. For those not selecting this option prior to reaching 600 hours, the maximum of 1,040 hours is automatically selected as the maximum sick leave accrual. Employees should come to the Human Resources Office to request the 600-hour maximum.
Did you know? New Mexico Tech sends surplus inventory to Bentley's Auction every month. The company auctions New Mexico Tech inventory on the second Friday of every month. Auctions start at 8:30 a.m. at 4900 Pan American Freeway NE, Albuquerque. Buyers can bid on items in person, on-line or by phone. The website is www.bentleysauction.com or auctionsouthwest.com. Bentley's phone number is (505) 344-1812.
SoLLVE, the Socorro-Los Lunas Van Express, currently has a couple of openings, for either full or part (2-3 days/week) time. We leave Los Lunas at 7 AM, arriving slightly before 8 AM at the NMT Tech campus,and regularly stop and pick up at the upper campus as well. Departures from Tech are at 5:05 p.m. and return to Los Lunas just past 6 p.m.. Our van was purchased new last spring and is well maintained. Please see our website: nmt.edu\~sollve and address inquiries to David McCraw: David.Mccraw@nmt.edu, 835-5594.
- What can you do with your empty printer and copier ink cartridges, and the cell phones you're no longer using? Put them in a collection box for the Rotary Club of Socorro. This project is partly community service, to keep the cartridges and phones out of the landfill, and partly an effort to raise funds for Rotary's local, national, and international projects. You will find collection boxes on campus in the Fidel Center, Human Resources, NRAO, MRO, and the Bureau of Geology. You will also see them at various locations around Socorro. Rotary thanks you for your help!
The Albuquerque-to-Socorro commuter van has an available seat. If you are interested please contact Rob V Hepler at 575-835-8027 (text or voice) or firstname.lastname@example.org.Some key points about our van pool:
- We operate every day that NM Tech is open.
- We have two stops in Albuquerque and in Socorro
- I-25 and Paseo Del Norte –leaves at 6:32 AM
- I-25 and Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. – leaves at 6:45
- Cramer Hall parking lot
- EMRTC parking lot
- We leave NM Tech at 5:05 p.m. and stop at the other stop on campus before heading home.
- We lease our van from New Mexico Vanpools (a non-profit organization) who set our monthly fees based on operational costs.
- Our fees have averaged $130.46 per month for the last year. If one considers vehicle expenses and wear and tear (depreciation), for most folks, driving their own vehicle, this cost is less than would be spent on 6 round trips from Albuquerque to Socorro. This does not consider your personal time spent on driving your own vehicle.
- As a passenger on the van you can sleep or work during the trip! Most folks sleep.
Homes For Sale on Tech Hill
- 498 Mesa Dr. Contact James Davidson at (575) 835-2710 at email@example.com
1224 Apache Drive. Contact realtor Betty Houston at (575) 835-1422 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 503 Mesa Drive. Contact: Aili, (575) 518-8687, email: email@example.com
1218 Apache Drive. Contact Cecilie Bodman of Equity New Mexico at (505) 250-1356. For more information about this home, go to http://www.trulia.com/property/3015582205-1218-Apache-Dr-Socorro-NM-87801
501 NW Mesa Drive. Contact Jeanene Hall, ERA Sellers and Buyers Real Estate at (575) 835-0888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 497 Mesa Place. Call (505) 797-2099 or (505) 595-4351, or email email@example.com.