This is a free event for the entire community. Local non-profit groups will be selling picnic fare, soft drinks and bottled water; and a barbecue buffet will be set up by Chartwells. The event will be on the north side of Macey Center.
The fireworks display will begin shortly after dusk.
- The entertainment starts at 11 a.m. with the Socorro Community Band.
- Martial arts demonstrations from the Socorro Martial Arts Academy at noon
- Jazz Menage, featuring Socorro musicians at 1 p.m.
- Dr. Buck’s Wild West Show, featuring six-gun spinning, bullwhip action and Old West magic, among its many-faceted repertoire at 2 p.m.
- The Squash Blossom Boys with their repertoire of bluegrass, swing and old-time dance music at 3 p.m.
- El Gringo, a Los Lunas-based musician who sings Spanish, country and rock, having learned Spanish from vaqueros on his family’s El Paso ranch at 4 p.m.
- Al Hurricane and Al Hurricane Jr. will perform their popular hits again this year at 6 p.m.
- The Remedy will bring their unique brand of rock, Spanish and country music at 8 p.m..
Please leave your fireworks at home!