Capital Campaign for a new Children's Center
A World of Wonder
Updated July 16, 2008
Right: Architect's view of proposed Children's Center, showing existing playground. Click for larger view.
"World of Wonder" Campaign Thanks Donors!
The $2 million cost of the building, plus a $500,000 endowment to fund maintenance and operations, are being raised through private donations.
If you work for a company that matches charitable donations its employees give, the total amount of the donation -- your donation plus your employer's -- will be matched. See Matching Gifts Program for details.
In addition to cash gifts of any size, the Children’s Center campaign will accept stocks, bonds, and multi-year payments (not to exceed three years).
| Left: Architect's view of proposed Children's Center. |
An effective child care center is essential for students and faculty at New Mexico Tech, who can take and teach classes while knowing that their children are well-cared-for. The Children's Center also serves residents of Socorro, who may send their children there.
The new Children's Center will replace the current one, which was made from an older, remodeled house and has a long waiting list. The new center will have a higher capacity and will be New Mexico Tech’s first LEED building, meeting nationally accepted benchmarks for the design, construction, and operation of high performance green buildings.
| Right: Architect's view of proposed Children's Center. |
Other news stories on the Children's Center Campaign:
Levels of giving for the Children’s Center:
- A gift of $500,000 or greater will put your name or your company’s name as the co-name of the Children’s Center;
- A gift of $250,000 or greater will have your name or your company’s name on one of the two classrooms to be built;
- A gift or $250,000 or greater will have your name or company’s name as the sponsor of the playground;
- A gift of $100,000 or greater will have your name or company’s name as the sponsor of the multipurpose room;
- A gift of $75,000 or greater will have your name or company’s name as the sponsor of the staff parent resource room.
- A gift of $50,000 or greater will have your name or company’s name as the sponsor of the children’s garden.
Your generosity will help ensure that children of the New Mexico Tech and Socorro communities become productive, responsive, and creative individuals. You will also help encourage young parents to know that Socorro is an excellent place to make their homes.
Thank you for your help.
Cheryl Pulaski, Director for Advancement
New Mexico Tech
801 Leroy Place
Socorro, N.M. 87801