Register Now for One-Day Saturday Summer Workshops at NMTSOCORRO – The New Mexico Tech Community Education Program (former Community College) is offering a series of eight, all-day summer arts workshops, and a discount for students who register for two workshops before Friday, June 10.
The workshops, which begin on Saturday, June 11, coincide with the start of the Summer 2011 semester at New Mexico Tech on Tuesday, June 14, that also lasts for eight weeks.
“We’re really excited about the new arts workshop series, and so are our instructors,” said Lillian Armijo, Community Education Program Coordinator. “We’re delighted both with our new instructors and those returning for another semester.”
The workshops run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays at the Fine Arts Center, and the $50 fee, for each workshop, includes lunch at the M Mountain Grill and all necessary materials. Armijo said those who preregister before June 10 will receive the second workshop for $40.
To preregister, contact Armijo at 575-835-6581; or at email@example.com. Students also can register on the day of the workshop from 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. at the Fine Arts Center.
Here are the workshop schedule and instructors:
- June 11, Stained Glass and Mosaics, Ruby Mendez-Harris
- June 18, Pottery Pots, Emma Lunan-Rison
- June 25, Jewelry Bead-Making, Dona Nowicki
- July 9, Digital Photography, Rachel Montoya
- July 16, Melted Glass Creations, Dona Nowicki
- July 23, Pottery Vases, Emma Lujan-Rison
- July 30, Oil Painting, Jenny Bloomquist
- Aug. 6, Acrylic Painting, Ramona Montoya