Non-Resident Income Taxes

Annual Income Tax information for International Students

Non-resident  (international) students have special requirements for income tax. All non-resident students must check in with Lucia in Payroll. She will give you a form that provides links to the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) regulations for income tax. In addition, Lucia will provide an access code for the Glacier online tax service. Glacier specializes in nonresident alien tax compliance. 

Please note that NMT can not provide tax consultation as we do not have liscenced tax accountants available. If you wish to talk with a liscenced tax accountant, there are two tax preparation agencies in Socorro who have said they can handle taxes for international students. We can not provide a recommendation for them, so we only provide their listing for informational purposes. If you decide to use one of them, call for an appointment. 

  • Bookkeeping and Tax Service, contact Wendy Otero, 835-0963.
  • H&R Block, 835-2112.