New Mexico Tech’s Career Services Office uses Interfase, a web-based system, to schedule and coordinate on-campus interviews. This system provides students with 24 hour-a-day online access to information regarding on-campus employer events and interview opportunities.
If you have not already done so, you will need to register on Interfase.
Step 1: Register online at myinterfase.com/nmt/student
- Go to myinterfase.com/nmt/student and click on Click here to register.
- Enter data for your personal profile, which you will be able to continuously change and update. (Employers will not have access to your profile. Only Career Services staff members are granted access to that information.)
- Please include your official major(s) and minor(s). To enter multiple majors or minors, hold down the Control Key/PCs or the Command Key/Macs while clicking the left mouse button to highlight more than one selection.
- You are now ready to enter your resume, cover letter, and other supplemental information, which the Career Services Office can release to prospective employers.
Step 2: Create and upload your resume
- Create your resume in a standard word processing application. Once created, you will be able to upload the document.
- On myinterfase.com/nmt/student, under My Accounts select My Documents, select Upload File at the end of the Resume box, name the resume you will be uploading, browse to find the file on your computer, select the appropriate file, select Upload.
- Each document you upload will first go through approval of the Career Services Director.
- You may want to create separate resumes for internship, temporary, full-time, or co-op employment.
- If you want to replace a resume you have uploaded with another document, use the Update function.
- Make sure each uploaded resume has a distinctive name so you will be able to identify which one to use in a given circumstance.
- Identify one resume as your default.
- In addition to your resume, you can upload a cover letter, an unofficial copy of your transcripts and other supplemental information.(Include your name on each of the materials.)
- If you need assistance with developing or changing your resume, please contact the Career Services office at email@example.com .
Step 3: View employment opportunities
- Log on to interfase and select Job Search.
- View opportunities by setting a date range such as the last day of the semester.
- Review the employment descriptions and required qualifications. (You will only be able to submit your resume if you meet the employer’s requirements.)
- The database is updated daily so regularly check the site. Also monitor your e-mail for relevant job listings and messages from Career Services.
Step 4: Submit your resume to employers
- To be considered for an interview, you must submit an electronic resume to each employer.
- Begin by either a normal job search or one of the options under Interview Schedule.
- Read the job description and click Apply Now if appropriate. If your current status does not meet the employer’s requirements, you will not be able to submit your resume.
- Submit your resume and any supporting materials requested by the company.
- Resumes must be submitted during the Resume Submission period identified. The system will not accept resumes after that date.
- Candidates will be selected after the Resume Submission date and contacted.
Step 5: Sign up for online interview times
- Check the Pre-selection Activity under the Schedule Tab, which can be found in My Activity under My Accounts daily to find out if you have been selected for an interview. From here you can click on the pre-selection or go back to the job description. (You may receive an e-mail request from the company as well.)
- From the job description select an interview time by selecting the Sign-up button.
- If you make it onto the waiting list, you can sign up for an interview on the final day of the sign-up period if slots are still available.
- If you do not receive a notice, you have not been selected for an interview.
- Research the company.
- Participate in Career Services workshops.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes before your scheduled interview.
- Send a thank-you note to the recruiter who interviewed you.