Flags On Display at Fidel Center:
- Canada, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus and Dominica (Nov. 25 to Dec. 1).
New Mexico Tech in the News and Online:
Items of interest:
- Graduate students who are planning to attend the January Thesis/Dissertation Boot Camp can now submit completed registration forms to Dr. Simpson. (Deadline to register is Friday, Dec. 13.) Forms can be turned in at the Writing Center (017 & 018 Fitch) or electronically to email@example.com. The Boot Camp, intended for graduate students who are actively writing their thesis or dissertation, is an intensive writing camp that goes all day every day, January 6 to 10.
- Attention campus community: Please be aware that the renovation project of Presidents Hall is now under way.
- The building renovation area will be fenced off by the general contractor. We will maintain a safe pedestrian and circulation around the construction site, and do everything possible to avoid any disruption to everyone on campus. The renovation project is scheduled for six months. Your cooperation and understanding is greatly appreciated.
- Also, the Bureau of Geology and Mineral Resources construction project will commence on or around Monday, Nov. 25. New Mexico Tech has received approvals from the state Department of Finance and Administration and the state Higher Education Department. The Board of Regents approved the selected contractor in late October. That project is expected to take about 16 months until completion.
Attention employees who are customers of Bank of America:
Please note if you do not do anything your direct deposit may be returned to NMT. If this happens your money will be delayed by 3 to 4 days, your direct deposit will Be deleted and you will have to go to the Cashier’s Window in Fidel to pick up your check. Please note you need to decide by no later than Dec. 1, 2013.
- Payment for Accumulated Sick Leave: Regular full-time and part-time employees who are not tenured or on tenure track may choose to receive payment for unused sick leave hours earned during the immediately preceding calendar year in excess of 600 hours at 50 percent of the employee's regular rate of pay. Employees must select the 600-hour maximum prior to accumulating 600 hours of sick leave. Once 600 hours of sick leave is attained, the maximum of 1040 hours is automatically selected as the maximum sick leave accrual. The payment for accumulated sick leave for other than terminating employees will be made with the first paycheck in MARCH of each year. (This represents a policy change from previous years.) This means the sick leave buy back checks for the calendar year of 2014 will be paid on March 14, 2014. Please note this is a MAJOR change! If you have any questions please contact the Payroll Office at (575) 835-5510. To select the 600-hour maximum, visit the Human Resources Office in Brown Hall.
What can you do with your empty printer and copier ink cartridges, and the cell phones you're no longer using? Put them in a collection box for the Rotary Club of Socorro. This project is partly community service, to keep the cartridges and phones out of the landfill, and partly an effort to raise funds for Rotary's local, national, and international projects. You will find collection boxes on campus in the Fidel Center, Human Resources, NRAO, MRO, and the Bureau of Geology. You will also see them at various locations around Socorro. Rotary thanks you for your help!
The SoLLVE Vanpool Express has two immediate openings for new part or full-time riders. The Socorro-Los Lunas Vanpool Express is a not-for-profit group solely formed to provide transportation between the greater Los Lunas area (including Bosque Farms, Belen and the South Valley of Abq) and Socorro for employees and students of New Mexico Tech, the NRAO, and other local Socorro businesses. A few part-time (2 or 3X per week) and full-time positions are presently available. We also have a wait-list for people who plan to join at a future date. For more information, visit the SoLLVE website at NMT or contact Dr. Michelle Creech-Eakman: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Construction of a new Bureau of Geology will begin in early to mid-November. Contractors attended a mandatory pre-bid conference at Tech in early September. Bids will be opened October 4 and the Board of Regents will approve the selection of a contractor at the meeting of October 31.
Homes For Sale on Tech Hill
- 1218 Apache Drive. Contact Dr. Ashok Ghosh at 575-517-0793 or email@example.com
1224 Apache Drive. Contact Keith Cummings at firstname.lastname@example.org or 575-317-9726.
499 Mesa. For more information, contact Bill at email@example.com or (505) 306-3490.
- 1314 North Drive for sale on Faculty Hill. Call Jan Kern at 520-243-9309 for more information.