Master of Science in Biology
- Professors: Kieft (Chair of the Department), Rogelj
- Associate Professors: Kirk, Reiss
- Assistant Professors: Naik, Shors
- Adjunct Faculty: Bhasker, Boston, Gonzales, Markwell, Strong
- Emeritus Faculty: Smoake
Degrees Offered: M.S. in Biology and M.S. in Biochemistry
The master’s candidate must demonstrate competence in mathematics, chemistry, and physics comparable to New Mexico Tech’s Bachelor of Science in Biology. Requirements for the Master of Science degree in Biology follow the M.S. with Thesis option. Additional requirements are the following:
- Completion of at least six credit hours of 500-level biology coursework other than thesis, directed study, or seminar.
- Completion of at least six credit hours of 500-level coursework other than thesis, directed study, or seminar in one or more disciplines outside of biology.
- Completion of two credit hours of BIOL 501, Graduate Seminar
Graduate Work in Biochemistry
Biochemical studies and research are important parts of both the biology and chemistry programs at New Mexico Tech. Students interested in the application of biochemistry to research emphases in biology or chemistry should contact either department for further information.