Here is a starting point for seeking out funding options beyond teaching assistantships, research assitantships, and scholarships.
How to find funding:
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship
- Website: www.nsfgrfp.gov
- The Graduate Research Fellowship program supports outstanding graduate students in NSF supported disciplines in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics who are pursuing research-based master's and doctoral degrees.
- Bridgat Scholarship Program
- Website: http://www.bridgat.com/scholarships-graduate.html
- The Scholarships are merit-based and one individual will be awarded a one-time scholarship of up to $6,500. Major selection criteria include academic performance and demonstrated leadership in cross cultural activities.
- Applicants must be full-time graduate students currently enrolled at an accredited institution in theU.S. and hold a valid student ID card.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale to apply.
- Applicants must be citizens of an Asian country.