Current Graduate Students
GRADUATE ASSISTANTSHIP APPOINTMENT FORM
Current Form 2011/2012
For new students
- A Word (for current students) from the Dean
- The Dean's Office Hours
- New Student Survival Pages - highly recommended for all graduate students who have questions about survival in the first weeks of the semester.
- How to use BanWeb.
- Online Version of Orientation for Full-time Students presentation.
- Online Version of Orientation for Distance and Part-time students.
- Establishing Residency for In-State Tuition Classification Purposes
For continuing students
- About Audits (and keeping your assistantship contract - Should you audit a course as a graduate student and what are the considerations?
- Academic Ethics and Plagiarism - NMT's policy on academic honesty. See also the section from the Graduate Student Handbook on "Ethics and Plagiarism."
- Forms required for various parts of the NMT Graduate Experience.
- Graduate Student Handbook
- Student Health Center and Student Health Insurance
- Teaching Resources
- How People Learn
- New Students, New Semester How To Remember Names And Faces
- First Day of Class: What Can/Should We Do?
- 101 Things You Can Do The First Three Weeks Of Class
- Pedagogy In Action - Pedagogic approaches with succinct descriptions so you can quickly understand how the technique might be relevant to your teaching needs.
- NMT Travel Policies - If you are on official travel (sponsored by your advisor, the GSA or other NMT entity) there are particular expectations regarding travel.
- Graduate Program Lyris Lists
For students nearing completion
- What do I need to do to finish and by when?
- Spring/Summer 2010 Calendar - important dates related to graduate registration and degree completion.
- Thesis/Dissertation Requirements - Thesis/Dissertation Manuscript Requirements
- Thesis Manuscript Check - Debbie has been very generous with her time when asked by students to look at their manuscripts before submission. I hope she will be able to continue to provide this service, however, remember that it is provided as time permits. Particularly when we are busy with other matters, it may take several days to complete.
- LaTeX dissertation documentation and template - Using this package does not guarantee that every detail will automatically satisfy the Graduate School requirements.
- Employment Opportunities - This page has opportunities for permanent employment and internships.
- Faculty for the Future - dedicated to linking a diverse pool of women and underrepresented minority candidates from engineering, science and business with faculty and research [positions at universities across the country.
- The National Association of Graduate-Professional Students
- New Mexico Tech Graduate Student Association
- New Mexico Tech Student Health Center
- New Mexico Tech Student Health Insurance
- Tax Information for Graduate Students
- I.R.S. Tax Forms, Publications and other information
- Lifetime Learning credit - The Lifetime Learning Credit may be claimed for the qualified tuition and related expenses of the students in the taxpayer's family (i.e., the taxpayer, the taxpayer's spouse, or an eligible dependent) who are enrolled in eligible educational institutions.