The mission of the Financial Aid Department is to assist in the reduction of financial barriers for those
who wish to pursue a post-secondary education.
New Mexico Tech makes every effort to make our undergraduate education affordable for everyone: new students, returning students, and transfer students. Assistance comes in the form of institutional scholarships, financial aid, and student employment.
- Institutional scholarships are based solely on your grades (high school GPA, standardized test scores, and college grades if you are a transfer student). You do not need to demonstrate financial need for an institutional scholarship—only your own academic merit.
- In addition to scholarships, we offer financial aid, which includes
- Federal grants (e.g., Pell Grant, SEOG Grant)
- Federal loans (e.g., Perkins Loan, Stafford Loan, PLUS Loan)
- Federal work-study
- New Mexico grants (State Student Incentive Grant, College Affordability Grant)
- New Mexico Scholars Program (based on academic merit and financial need)
- New Mexico work-study
To receive Financial Aid (loans, grants, work-study, etc.) in addition to a scholarship, fill out the FAFSA. New Mexico Tech's Title IV code for federal financial aid applications is 002654.
New Mexico Tech's Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy .New Mexico Tech Financial Aid Office
(New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology)
801 Leroy Place
Socorro, NM 87801