Front Desk - Central Office - Work-order Station
Location and Hours of Operation
Normal workdays are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - noon and 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. The front office, located in the Facilities Management administrative complex due west from the Golf Course parking lot, is the hub for operations by way of work requests, emergencies and table-and-chair or vehicle rentals. Phone: 835-5533.
After hours, please call Campus Police at 835-5434. Campus Police has a stand-by list and can call Facilities Management personnel for emergencies such as lock-outs, floods and broken windows.
About the Front Desk:
Currently we have on staff one full-time and one part-time Department Secretary reporting to the Associate Director of Administration.
Facilities Management has four telephone lines and takes up to 250 phone calls a day.
Other Front Desk duties include:
- Handling requests for vehicle rentals and table and chair rentals
- Distributing mail
- Taking emergency work-order calls which are logged in and handled on a daily basis
Department Secretary also takes care of filing and correspondence for the Director as well as her two Associates. Front Desk staff interface with the public as well as New Mexico Tech faculty, staff and students.
Maintenance services include any work done to keep the building running and in good operating condition. Services are limited to maintaining existing structural, electrical and mechanical components. The following are examples of maintenance activities the Facilities Management performs at no cost to campus departments:
- Repairs to elevators, heating and cooling systems
- Repairing inoperable office light fixtures
- Replacing burned-out light bulbs in campus offices
- Repairing inoperable office electrical outlets
- Repairing office doors or locks
- Repainting an office, provided it has not been painted within the last five years
- Custodial services
- Preventive maintenance to all major building components
- Hard floors
Chargeable Work-order Requests
Given that Facilities Management funding is based on maintenance needs of the university's buildings and grounds, many services not covered under maintenance - including building modification - are billed back to the departments. The following are examples of services that would fall under the "billable" category:
- Requests for estimates on work to be performed by Facilities Management
- Repairs made to furniture
- Key and lock changes
- Office signage
- Office remodeling
- Running a new electrical outlet to accommodate new equipment
- Replacing standard office lights with specialty lighting
- Moving a door in an office from one wall to another
- Painting an office that is not due to be painted (less than five years since the last paint job)
Other special services offered by Facilities Management include:
- Rental fleet usage
- Lube and oil services
- Bottled gas services
- Motor fuel services
- Table and chair rental
Please direct any questions or concerns about the content of the Facilities Management's website to email@example.com