The Manager of Mechanical Systems supervises, coordinates and schedules the maintenance of all New Mexico Tech buildings and mechanical systems, including the design, remodel, installation and repair of water, gas, air, vacuum, sewer, boiler and steam systems. The Manager supervises the Electrical Supervisor, Plumbing Supervisor
Pete Sanchez, Manager of Mechanical Systems
and the Supervisor for Roofs and Air Conditioners, and is the qualifying party for plumbing and mechanical construction and maintenance.
Specific duties include:
- Participates on all phases of design, installation, maintenance and repair of mechanical systems and related equipment as advisor and coworker.
Plans and coordinates equipment, facilities, and personnel for efficient operation.
Ensures that blueprints, materials and tools are available on a timely basis to meet construction schedules.
- Responsible for cost estimates on new or remodeling projects; provides technical cost estimates of time and material; writes detailed equipment and materials specifications; prepares cost records and reports for Associate Director Administration.
- Inspects work-in-progress and at project completion to ensure that specifications are met.
- Maintains and inventories a stock of regularly used tools, supplies and equipment; keeps supply records, estimates material requirements and equipment availability, and requisitions all supplies required for project completion.
- Hires, schedules, instructs, trains, disciplines, evaluates performance, and recommends salary action for assigned constructional personnel.
Manager of Mechanical Systems can be contacted at 835-5356 or via email at PSanchez@admin.nmt.edu.
Electrical Department Supervisor
The Electrical Department Supervisor coordinates with outside contractors as the qualifying party for electrical construction, and directs Electricians (3) and Electrician's Helpers (2).
The department is responsible for the maintenance, repair and installation of all electrical services on campus, both primary and secondary systems, as well as electrical and electronic control systems including university emergency generators, fire alarms and elevators.
Specific duties of the Electrical Department Supervisor include:
- Supervises three electricians and two journeymen in the preventative maintenance, regular maintenance, and repair of all university electrical systems
- Analyzes existing building systems to monitor and improve operating efficiency, and develops programs to support improvement of operations
- Develops and directs plans and specifications of utility systems for expansions and renovations, and participates in construction meetings on major projects related to utilities
- Develops cost estimates for new electrical/mechanical projects
- Promotes campus wide participation in energy conservation measures
- Determine solutions to interruptions in services and utilities
- Interviews and evaluates candidates for electrical position
The Electrical Department Supervisor can be contacted at 835-5718 or via email at JBaca@admin.nmt.edu.
Plumbing and Mechanical Systems Department Supervisor
The Plumbing and Mechanical Systems Department Supervisor directs the Plumbers (2) and coordinates with outside contractors.
This department is responsible for maintenance, repair and installation of all campus heating, ventilation and cooling systems, in addition to the university's gas, water and sewer distribution systems.
The Plumbing and Mechanical Systems Department Supervisor directs maintenance activities for all university mechanical systems, including the design, remodel, installation and repair of water, gas, air vacuum, sewer, boiler and steam systems. He also oversees the operation, maintenance and repair of equipment, and oversees installation to ensure that machinery and equipment is installed and functioning according to specifications.
Specific duties include:
- Supervises crews while participating in all phases of design, installation, maintenance and repair of all university mechanical systems and related equipment
- Assigns work orders to personnel, and works alongside employees to set the pace
- Makes available the blueprints, materials and tools necessary to meet construction schedules
- Prepares job estimates including materials, labor and overhead costs
- Regularly interfaces with the manager of mechanical systems to plan, evaluate, and modify (if necessary) construction activities
- Advises engineers and contractors on both practical and technical issues
- Hires, schedules, instructs, trains, disciplines and evaluates performance of plumbers and maintenance workers
- Responsible for safety training of employees
The Plumbing and Mechanical Systems Department Supervisor can be contacted at 835-5356 or via email at PSanchez@admin.nmt.edu.
Please direct any questions or concerns about the content of the Facilities Management's website to firstname.lastname@example.org