Did this e-newsletter get forwarded to you? You can sign up to receive this weekly message at www.nmt.edu/nmt-calendar
Flag Rotation at Fidel Center
- Ecuador, Norway, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, and the United States (May 1 to 7).
New Mexico Tech on the web and in the news:
New Mexico Tech announced the winners of the 2017-2018 Macey Scholar awards. Congratulations to Allie Arning, Matthew Davenport, Jared Lam, and Bradley Miller. Click here for profiles of these four standout students.
Melissa Begay, NMT gym director, recently posted her April Health and Wellness newsletter. The newsletter is short, sweet and very helpful. Take a couple of minutes to read it today.
- KRQE-TV Channel 13 aired a report about NMT marketing director Edie Steinhoff and the effort by mechanical engineering students to create a prosthetic for Edie's injured hand. Click here for that report.
- The Daily Lobo, UNM's student newspaper, published an article about the efforts of N.M. student governments to urge the governor to secure funding for higher education. Click here for the article, which includes the letter penned by all the SGA presidents in N.M.
Items of interest:
- Did you know? New Mexico Tech sends surplus inventory to Bentley's Auction every month. The company auctions New Mexico Tech inventory on the second Friday of every month. Auctions start at 8:30 a.m. at 4900 Pan American Freeway NE, Albuquerque. Buyers can bid on items in person, on-line or by phone. The website is www.bentleysauction.com or auctionsouthwest.com. Bentley's phone number is (505) 344-1812.
SoLLVE, the Socorro-Los Lunas Van Express, currently has a couple of openings, for either full or part (2-3 days/week) time. We leave Los Lunas at 7 AM, arriving slightly before 8 AM at the NMT Tech campus,and regularly stop and pick up at the upper campus as well. Departures from Tech are at 5:05 p.m. and return to Los Lunas just past 6 p.m.. Our van was purchased new last spring and is well maintained. Please see our website: nmt.edu\~sollve and address inquiries to David McCraw: David.Mccraw@nmt.edu, 835-5594.
- What can you do with your empty printer and copier ink cartridges, and the cell phones you're no longer using? Put them in a collection box for the Rotary Club of Socorro. This project is partly community service, to keep the cartridges and phones out of the landfill, and partly an effort to raise funds for Rotary's local, national, and international projects. You will find collection boxes on campus in the Fidel Center, Human Resources, NRAO, MRO, and the Bureau of Geology. You will also see them at various locations around Socorro. Rotary thanks you for your help!
The Albuquerque-to-Socorro commuter van has an available seat. If you are interested please contact Rob V Hepler at 575-835-8027 (text or voice) or email@example.com.Some key points about our van pool:
- We operate every day that NM Tech is open.
- We have two stops in Albuquerque and in Socorro
- I-25 and Paseo Del Norte –leaves at 6:32 AM
- I-25 and Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. – leaves at 6:45
- Cramer Hall parking lot
- EMRTC parking lot
- We leave NM Tech at 5:05 p.m. and stop at the other stop on campus before heading home.
- We lease our van from New Mexico Vanpools (a non-profit organization) who set our monthly fees based on operational costs.
- Our fees have averaged $130.46 per month for the last year. If one considers vehicle expenses and wear and tear (depreciation), for most folks, driving their own vehicle, this cost is less than would be spent on 6 round trips from Albuquerque to Socorro. This does not consider your personal time spent on driving your own vehicle.
- As a passenger on the van you can sleep or work during the trip! Most folks sleep.
Homes For Sale on Tech Hill
1224 Apache Drive. Contact realtor Betty Houston at (575) 835-1422 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 503 Mesa Drive. Contact: Aili, (575) 518-8687, email: email@example.com
1218 Apache Drive. Contact Cecilie Bodman of Equity New Mexico at (505) 250-1356. For more information about this home, go to http://www.trulia.com/property/3015582205-1218-Apache-Dr-Socorro-NM-87801
501 NW Mesa Drive. Contact Jeanene Hall, ERA Sellers and Buyers Real Estate at (575) 835-0888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 497 Mesa Place. Call (505) 797-2099 or (505) 595-4351, or email email@example.com.