The Facilities Management Group is one of the many service organizations at the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology.
As an Institute service provider, we continually evaluate the tasks we perform. These services, detailed throughout this website, show a vibrant, dynamic organization assembled to provide a level of Service Excellence unmatched in quality, response, and focus. The Facilities Management Administration and Staff are proud of their employees, and look forward to working with you.
This web page has been created, as an electronic handbook for all New Mexico Techs employees. All are encouraged to consult this document as a reference to simplify the service process we offer the university.
The mission of the Facilities Management Group is to provide the New Mexico Tech campus, students, faculty and staff with a safe, secure infrastructure and an aesthetically pleasing environment. Facilities Management meets its goals through a trained and dedicated workforce, an experienced administrative staff, and a finely tuned organizational plan.
The Goals of the Facilities Management Group are:
- To maintain, repair and renovate university structures
- To provide an environment that is safe and aesthetically pleasing to all who work, study or visit New Mexico Tech
- To provide construction services to the University, including building design, and cost estimates
- To establish Facilities Management as a dynamic and progressive organization by continual program review, and by building and maintaining experienced crews for every phase of operation
- To provide uninterrupted electrical and utility services to one million square feet of campus building space that includes classroom and lab facilities, offices, dormitories and other auxiliary enterprises
- To establish a progressive safety & risk management program to prevent workplace injuries to Facilities Management employees and visitors
Please direct any questions or concerns about the content of the FM’s website to firstname.lastname@example.org.