The 61st regional magnetic resonance meeting will be on the Tech campus Saturday, Oct. 6. All talks held in MSEC 101. Some general interest talks include the following:
- 9:05-9:30 "The Zeeman Effect: A Unique Probe of Star Formation." Dr. Emmanuel Momjian (NRAO).
- 9:35-10:50 "NMR Provides New Insights Into How The Influenza Virus Enters Its Host." Dr. Ad Bax (Laboratory of Chemical Physics, National Institutes of Health.
- 11:30-11:50 "Magnetic Isotope Effect and the Activation of Drug Action." Dr. Graham Timmins (College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico).
- 2:05-3:20 "NMR and MRI Methods for Elucidating the Structure of Spider Silks In- & Ex-Vivo." Dr. Jeffery Yarger (Professor of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Physics; Director - Magnetic Resonance Research Center, Arizona State University).
- 3:55-4:20 "Four Years in Exile." Dr. Tanja Pietraß (Deputy Division Director, National Science Foundation).
For a complete schedule and/or other information, contact Larry Werbelow, Office of Independent Study, Speare 109 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.