Regional Magnetic Resonance Meeting
The 61st regional magnetic resonance meeting will be on the Tech campus Saturday, Oct. 6. All talks held in MSEC 101. Some general interest talks include the following:
- 9:05-9:30 "The Zeeman Effect: A Unique Probe of Star Formation." Dr. Emmanuel Momjian (NRAO).
- 9:35-10:50 "NMR Provides New Insights Into How The Influenza Virus Enters Its Host." Dr. Ad Bax (Laboratory of Chemical Physics, National Institutes of Health.
- 11:30-11:50 "Magnetic Isotope Effect and the Activation of Drug Action." Dr. Graham Timmins (College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico).
- 2:05-3:20 "NMR and MRI Methods for Elucidating the Structure of Spider Silks In- & Ex-Vivo." Dr. Jeffery Yarger (Professor of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Physics; Director - Magnetic Resonance Research Center, Arizona State University).
- 3:55-4:20 "Four Years in Exile." Dr. Tanja Pietraß (Deputy Division Director, National Science Foundation).
For a complete schedule and/or other information, contact Larry Werbelow, Office of Independent Study, Speare 109 or email, email@example.com.