INTERNATIONAL UNDERGRADUATE (B.S. Degree) ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Students who wish to pursue a Bachelor of Science degree at New Mexico Tech must have graduated from secondary school with the equivalent of a 2.5 grade point average and have taken the following secondary coursework:
- Language—a minimum of four years of language instruction in the native or national language
- Mathematics—a minimum of three years, which must include algebra, geometry, trigonometry, or higher course work.
- Science—a minimum of two years of sciences, with laboratories, chosen from among biology, physics, chemistry, and earth science.
- Social Science—a minimum of three years, one of which must be history
To apply for admission you must:
- Complete an International Online Application.
- Read and follow the advice in How to Prepare and Send Application Documents(pdf). Submit all supporting documentation (official TOEFL score, bank documents, etc.) as instructed.
New Mexico Tech International Programs
- If English is not your native language, have an official TOEFL score of at least 76 or an IELTS score of at least 6 sent to us directly.
- Complete and sign the Certificate of Financial Responsibility (pdf) . Attach letters of financial support from family and friends. Please see Quick_SEVIS_Figures_2013-2014.pdf to figure out your finances.
- Provide a transcripts/credentials evaluation of all required academic documents compiled by World Education Services (WES), an independent credential evaluation provider. High school applicants request the Document-by-Document report; college applicants request the Comprehensive Course-by-Course Report. New Mexico Tech will receive a copy of the original documents along with the evaluation. We recommend that you review the Frequently Asked Questions listed on the WES website. WES requires a fee from the applicant for processing.
Application Deadlines (all required documentation must be received by):
May 1 for Fall semester & October 1 for Spring semester
Your application will be reviewed as soon as all documents are received.
New Mexico Tech reserves the right to require an advance deposit of funds equal to the out-of-state tuition and fees for one academic year.